Grammar American & British

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Conversations and Dialogues . [ 2 ]

Conversations and Dialogues . [ 2 ] 

Describing People .

What do they look like ?

Manager :Who’s that man over there ?

Receptionist : Which man ?

Manager :The man in the blue suit .

Receptionist : The thin one ? The tall, thin man .

Manager : No . Not the tall , thin man . That’s not him . That’s Mr. Samir. Look.

He’s wearing a blue suit and a hat . And he’s carrying a bag . Who is he ?

Receptionist : The man with the bag ? I don’t know .

===============


Man : My name’s Sayed . I’m looking for a friend . Her name’s Kay.

Manager : Is Kay her first name or her surname ?

Man : It’s her surname . Her full name is Jean Kay . Mrs. Kay .

Receptionist : Mrs. Kay isn’t in her room , sir . Perhaps she’s in the bar .

Man : I don’t think so . She never goes into bars .

Manager : Is she waiting for you ?

Man : I don’t know but I think so .

Manager : What does she look like ?

Man : She’s got dark hair and she’s quite tall . About five feet seven .

================


=================


Tamer : What do you think of Suzan , Salma ?

Salma : I don’t think she’s very nice . What a face !

Tamer : Yes , terrible .

Salma : Her legs are too thin .

Tamer : And she’s got a big head .

Salma : Her husband’s no better . I don’t like the look on his face .

Tamer : And his arms are too long .

Huda : Kamel , what do you think of Suzan ?

Kamel : And I don’t like the way she walks .

Huda : And I don’t like the way she smiles . Or the way she laughs .

Kamel : And I don’t like the way she says things about her friends , and laughs at them.

Huda : And her husband’s no better . In fact , he’s worse than she is .

===============


Sameera : That car looks new .

Sarhan : Ah , but it’s old . It’s fifty-five years old .

Sameera : No! Is it really ?

Sarhan : It’s green , and it’s got two doors . It’s bigger than the earlier Bentley , of course .

Sameera : It certainly looks longer than a modern car .

Sarhan ; It is . And who wants a modern car when you can get a car like that ?

=================


Clerk : Good afternoon . Can I help you ?

Essraa: Yes , I’m looking for someone . His name is Basem Salem .

 I’m afraid I missed him .

Clerk : Well , what does he look like ?

Essraa : Let’s see . He’s about 35 , I guess . He’s pretty tall , with red hair .

Clerk : Oh , are you Essraa Ali ?

Essraa : Yes , that’s right !

Clerk : He asked for you a few minutes ago . I think he’s in the restaurant .

Essraa : Thanks . I’ll go and look for him .

===================


Sarah : Hi ! Good to see you ! Where’s Safaa ?

Mona : Oh , she couldn’t make it . She went to a concert with her friend .

Sarah : Oh ! Well , why don’t you go and talk to Samar ? She doesn’t know anyone here .

Mona : Samar ? Which one is she ? Is she the woman wearing glasses over there ?

Sarah : No , she’s the tall one in jeans . She’s standing near the window .

Mona : O h , I’d like to meet her .

=====================


Ashraf : Mohammad Shereef  ?I haven’t seen you for ages .

Mohammad : Ashraf ! How have you been ?

Ashraf : Pretty good . Say , you’ve really changed !

Mohammad : Oh , well . I’ve lost some weight . And my hair is longer than before .

Ashraf : Well , you look great ! How are you ?

Mohammad : I’m doing really well . I got married about three years ago . 

I have two children now .

Ashraf : That’s terrific !

No comments:

150-] English Literature

150-] English Literature Letitia Elizabeth Landon     List of works In addition to the works listed below, Landon was responsible for nume...