Grammar American & British

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Vocabulary Tests [ 114 ] Test One Hundred And Fourteen

114 - ] Vocabulary Tests

114 - ] Test One Hundred Fourteen

1- ] Use of Wrong Tense

1 - Supply the correct tense , Simple Past Tense or Present Perfect , in the following .

1 . He ( come ) back last week .

2 . I just ( finish ) my work .

3 . I ( live ) in Alexandria last year .

4 . The bell ( ring ) five minutes ago .

5 . I ( see ) the Pyramids of Egypt .

6 . He ( write ) the book in 1936 .

7. She ( be ) ill with fever since last Saturday .

8 . The ship ( arrive ) yesterday .

9 . I ( stay ) at my uncle’s last night .

10 . I ( deposit ) the money in the bank .

2 - ] Supply the correct tense, Simple Past Tense or Past Perfect , in the following .

1 . I ( want ) to see you yesterday .

2 . He ( tell ) me that he ( see ) me the day before yesterday .

3 . There ( be ) a strong wind last night .

4 . The girl ( find ) the book which she ( lose ) .

5 . When I ( run ) a mile , I ( be ) very tired .

6 . The tourist ( talk ) about the countries she ( visit ) .

7. When I ( be ) a boy I ( study ) music .

8 . The Romans ( speak ) Latin .

9 . After he ( finish ) his work he ( go ) to bed .

10 . She ( sleep ) an hour when I ( wake ) her .

3 - ] Complete the following , using the correct tense .

1 . We’ll go for a picnic , if ---------------------------

2 . I’ll visit the Pyramids when --------------------------

3 . Some people talk as if -------------------------

4 . Since he came here --------------------- .

5 . You would have passed if ---------------------------- .

4 - ] Rewrite the following with the verbs in brackets in the correct tense .

1. After he ( finish ) his work he ( go ) home .

2 . I ( study ) English for two years .

3 . I ( finish ) my work this morning .

4 . I ( do ) my homework before Ahmad ( call ) for me .

5 . He said he ( will ) go to the park .

6 . I not ( see ) her since Wednesday .

7 . I ( speak ) to her five minutes ago .

8 . I ( study ) grammar last year .

9 . She always ( whisper ) during the lesson .

10 . The courier ( come ) back .

5 - ] Correct the following sentences , giving reasons for your corrections .

1 . Mansour said that he is working hard .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 . How long did you waited for me yesterday ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 . She speaks English very well , but I’m not sure whether she can speaks French too .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 . He is on the team for two years .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 . I have seen her yesterday at school .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

6 . What do you do now ? - I do my project .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 . I use to get up early .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 . Nasser acts as if he is a rich man .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 . I’ll speak to him as soon as he will come .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 . I told Huda to come with us , but she says that she isn’t feeling well .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

No comments:

150-] English Literature

150-] English Literature Letitia Elizabeth Landon     List of works In addition to the works listed below, Landon was responsible for nume...