Grammar American & British

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Composition & Essay Writing ( 46 ) English as a Global Language , Birthday

45- ) Composition & Essay Writing 


 59- ) English as a Global Language

                      A global language is one that is spoken and understood at an international level by a wide variety of people. Moreover, no language in the world better fits this description than the English language. This essay on English as a global language will shed more light on this issue.

            When it comes to languages, one can make a strong argument that a strong link exists between dominance and cultural power. Furthermore, the main factor that the languages become popular is due to a powerful power-base, whether economic or political or military.

           The derivation of the English language took place from languages like French, Latin, German, and other European languages. This can be a reason why many Europeans don’t find English a difficult language to learn. Furthermore, linguists argue whether the simplicity of the English language is the main reason for it becoming a global language.

         The Latin script of the English language appears less complicated for people to recognize and learn. Also, the pronunciation of the English language is not as complex as other languages like Korean or Turkish for example.

Generally, the difficulty level of a language varies from person to person and it also depends on the culture to which one may belong. For example, a Korean person would find less difficulty in mastering the Japanese language in comparison to a German person. This is because of the close proximity of the Korean and Japanese cultures.

            Due to the massive British colonial conquests, no culture is in complete oblivion of the English language or words. As such, English is a language that should not appear as too alien or strange to any community. Consequently, learning English is not such big of a deal for most people as they can find a certain level of familiarity with the language.

                English is a very effective language and this is evident due to the presence of various native and non-native speakers on a global scale. Furthermore, according to statistics, one-fourth of the world is either fluent in the English language or content with it. While it’s true that the number of native Mandarin speakers [ the standard literary and official form of Chinese, spoken by over 730 million people . Mandarin is a dialect of Chinese. Chinese is a language (Mandarin is one of the dialects of Chinese alongside Shanghainese, Cantonese and many more) is the greatest in the world, Mandarin is not the global language due to its complex spellings, grammar, and letter system . The English language, on the other hand, does not suffer from such complexity problems. Furthermore, the English language has a lot of words and synonyms to express something. As such, any word or its meaning can be expressed with a high level of accuracy.

                English is certainly the most widely spoken language in the world by far. On a global scale, English has the most number of speakers, who speak English either as a first or second language. Without a doubt, no other language in the world can come close to English in terms of its immense popularity.

60 - ) Birthday

                 Every year, we all become eager to celebrate our birthday. It is special as it comes only once every year and we get to celebrate it with great joy and happiness. Usually, a lot of wishes of people come true on this day and they enjoy the day with their loved ones.

           Birthdays are a very special day for everyone who celebrates it. Firstly, it makes the person feel loved when their close one does special things for them. Being loved is one of the most special feelings in the world. Secondly, it makes the person mature. We all wait for our birthday every day as we get older and gain a sense of maturity every year. Our birthday marks the occasion for the very same thing. Moreover, it helps you gain special privileges as well. After that, birthdays are also an eye-opener for many as they feel gratitude. When you see many people going out of their way to make you feel special, you feel gratitude for being blessed with so many things.

           Most importantly, birthdays call for celebration. It is one day where we get to see all our loved ones in one place. No one can make an excuse and you get to spend time with everyone you love under one roof, it is nothing sort of magical.

               Just like everyone else, I also look forward to my birthday every year. It happens on 9th March which makes March a special month for me. Ever since my childhood, my parents have a birthday tradition.

                  Every year, we go to have ice-cream late at night to mark the beginning of my birthday. It is a very small thing but it means a lot to me. So far, we have never missed doing this together and I hope we can continue it forever.

               On my birthday, I usually throw a birthday party inviting all my close friends. It is a fun-filled day where all my friends partake in exciting activities. My mother makes my favourite dish which I enjoy eating on my birthday. Moreover, the special part about my celebration is that my siblings prepare a dance performance for me every year on my favourite song. It is hilarious as they include funny steps deliberately to make me laugh.

            The most exciting part about my birthday celebration is opening gifts when everyone leaves. I cherish every gift of mine dearly no matter how big or small. My favourite gift till date is the huge teddy bear my father got for me when I was six years old.  Therefore, each year, I wait eagerly for my birthday to arrive so that I can spend a great time with my friends and family. Moreover, it makes me realize how blessed I am to have all this.

       All in all, birthdays play an essential role in everyone’s life. It helps people feel special on that day and makes them more grateful. Moreover, they also turn more mature on each birthday. Thus, birthdays must be celebrated with one and all.

No comments:

150-] English Literature

150-] English Literature Letitia Elizabeth Landon     List of works In addition to the works listed below, Landon was responsible for nume...