Grammar American & British

Monday, July 20, 2020

Conversation & Dialogue [ 15 ]

15- ] Conversation & Dialogue .

Buying Things & Shopping .


Salesgirl : Good morning , sir .Can I help you ?

Mr. Sadek : Yes , I’m looking for a present for my wife .

Salesgirl : This handbag is very nice , sir .

Mr. Sadek : Is it expensive ?

Salesgirl : Oh no , sir ! It’s quite cheap. It costs four hundred pounds .

Mr. Sadek : Four hundred pounds ! That’s too expensive , I’m afraid .

Salesgirl : Look at this vase , sir .

Mr. Sadek : No , that one’s too big . What about the one next to it ?

Salesgirl : Ah yes , sir . This one is smaller . And it’s cheaper .

Mr. Sadek : How much does it cost ?

Salesgirl : Two hundred pounds .

Mr. Sadek : Two hundred pounds ! It’s too expensive . And it’s too heavy .

==============

Mrs. Huda : How much is this bag ?

Salesman : Three hundred pounds .

Mrs. Huda : That’s expensive . What’s made of ?

Salesman : It’s made of real leather. It’s a very good bag .

Mrs. Huda : Hm !

Salesman : Those bags are cheaper . That one there is two hundred pounds . Who’s it for ?

Mrs. Huda : It’s for my husband .

Salesman : It’s probably too small for your husband . Um . It isn’t big enough .Now , this     one’s bigger .

Mrs. Huda : What size is it ?

Salesman : It’s size is big enough . It’s size seven .

Mrs. Huda : Yes . It’s the right size .

===============

Woman : I prefer that lamp . What do you think of it ?

Man : Oh , no !

Woman : Why don’t you like that one ?

Man : Because it’s too big and too expensive . We can’t buy a lamp which costs three       hundred pounds .

Assistant : Can I help you ?

Man : Yes . Would you show us a lamp ? One which is not too big , and which is not too expensive , and looks nice .

Assistant : This one looks nice . Here’s a lamp which looks nice . And here’s one which           isn’t expensive .

==================


 

Assistant : Can I help you ?

Boy : Yes , please . I want some coffee , some milk , and some sugar .

Assistant : Here’s half a kilo .

Boy : Oh , that’s too much . Have you got a smaller jar ?

Assistant : Is this big enough ?

Boy : Yes , thank you . May I have some milk ?

Assistant : A bottle of milk . And you’d like some sugar ? A small packet ?

Boy : Yes , that’s enough . And I need some tissues . A big box of tissues . No . Would you         get me two boxes , please ?

===================

Young Man : Excuse me .

Receptionist : Yes , sir ?

Young Man : Where can I get some flowers , please ?

Receptionist : There’s a flower shop on the corner of the street , sir . Turn right outside the   hotel . The flowers there are usually very fresh .

Young Man : Thanks .

===============

Mr. Hazem : Can you help me ? Where can I get some theatre tickets , please ?

Receptionist : At Fadel’s Ticket Agency . It’s across the road . It’s very good one .

Mr. Hazem : Thank you . Oh , and can you recommend a good show ? Is there a show that you want to see , for example ?

Receptionist : Excuse me . Ask that gentleman . I’m sure he can recommend something.

================


 

Assistant : Good morning , sir .

Customer : I want a suit , please .

Assistant : Yes , sir . What kind of suit do you want , sir ?

Customer : I’d like a dark grey suit .

Assistant : Dark grey ---- yes , sir . Size ?

Customer Size 48 .

Assistant : Very good , sir . Ah , here’s a nice dark grey suit in a hundred per cent wool.

 Customer : Yea , I like that .

Assistant : A very good suit , sir and only a hundred and seventy pounds , sir .

Customer : How much ?

Assistant : A hundred and seventy pounds , sir .

Customer : I don’t want to pay more than a hundred pounds .

Assistant : A hundred pound for a suit ?

Customer : Yes . No more then a hundred pounds ! Have you got something cheaper ?

Assistant : No .

===============

Assistant : Good morning [ sir / madam ] . Can I help you ?

Customer : Yes , please . I’m looking for a suit / a dress .

Assistant : Certainly . What size are you ?

Customer : Size 37 .

Assistant : Size 37 is over here . Now , would you prefer something plain or with a pattern ?

Customer : I’d prefer something plain .

Assistant : Here’s a very nice suit / dress . Very popular with our customers .

Customer : What’s made of ?

Assistant : It’s made of pure wool .

Customer : How much is it ?

Assistant : It’s three hundred pounds . Would you like to try it on ? [After 5 minutes ]

It suits you perfectly .

Customer : I think it is a little bit long .

Assistant : We can shorten it for you .

Customer : When will it be ready ?

Assistant : It’ll be ready by this afternoon .

Customer : Thank you .

=================

 
 

Customer : I’d like a present for my brother , please .

Assistant : What kind of thing are you looking for ?

Customer : I’m not sure .

Assistant : Something for him to wear ?

Customer ; No. I don’t think so .

Assistant : Well , what about a watch ? This is a very nice watch . Look .

Customer : Yes , very nice . That’s a good idea . How much is it ?

Assistant : One hundred pounds .

Customer : I’ll take it .

=================

Assistant : Can I help you ?

Customer : Yes . I’d like a present for my brother , please . And I know what I want .

Assistant : Oh , good .

Customer : I want a record .

Assistant : Oh , that’s a very good idea , sir . Something classical or modern ?

Customer : Something classical , please .

Assistant : Well , what about some Chopin ? This is a very nice record .

Customer : All right . I’ll take that .

Assistant : Thirty pounds , sir , please .


Shop Assistant : Can I help you , sir ?

Customer : Yes . I bought this record for my father last week . But I’m afraid he’s already       got it. Could I change it for something different ?

Shop Assistant : Certainly , sir . Have you got your receipt ?

Customer : Yes . Here you are .

Shop Assistant : Thank you , sir . Would you like to choose something now ? Or would            you prefer a credit note ?                                                                                                                                 

 ==================
   Samia : Oh , look at those earrings , Noura . They’re perfect for you .

Noura : These ones ? I’m not sure .

Samia : No , the yellow ones .

Noura : Oh , these ? Hmm . Yellow isn’t a good color for me .

Samia : Well , that necklace isn’t bad .

Noura : Which one ?

Samia : That blue one right there . How much is it ?

Noura : It’s $ 42 ! That’s expensive !

Samia : Hey , let me get it for you . It’s your birthday present .

=================

Sonia : Look ! These jackets are nice . Which one do you like ?

Radwa : I like the wool one better .

Sonia : Really ? Why ?

Radwa : It looks warmer .

Sonia : Well , I prefer the leather one . It’s more attractive than the wool one .

Radwa : Hmm . There’s no price tag .

Sonia : Excuse me . How much is this jacket ?

Assistant : It’s $ 499 . Would you like to try it on ?

Sonia : Oh , no . That’s OK ! But thank you anyway .

Assistant : You’re welcome .

==================

 

Customer : I want some apples .

Fruitseller : Apples ?

Customer : Yes , they’re fresh . They’re nice too .

Fruitseller : Oh yes , they are nice .

Customer : Excuse me ! Those apples , how much are they ?

Fruitseller : They’re cheap . Thirty pence for six .

Customer : Can I have three apples , please ?

Fruitseller : Certainly . Here you are . Three apples .

Customer : Thank you . How much ?

Fruitseller : Fifteen pence for three .

================

Customer : Good morning .

Assistant : Good morning .

Customer : I want a watch .

Assistant : A watch ?

Customer : Yes . A good one . About twenty pounds .

Assistant : Twenty pounds . Here’s a nice one .

Customer : Yes , I see . How much is it ?

Assistant : Sixteen pounds .

Customer : Hm . Can I see another one ?

Assistant : Certainly . Here’s a nice one . It tells the time and the date .

Customer : The time and the date ? How much is it ?

Assistant : Eighteen pounds .

Customer : Hmmm . Thank you .

===============

No comments:

150-] English Literature

150-] English Literature Letitia Elizabeth Landon     List of works In addition to the works listed below, Landon was responsible for nume...