Grammar American & British

Monday, July 20, 2020

Conversation & Dialogue [ 16 ]

16- ] Conversation & Dialogue .

Going To The Restaurant .


Hassan: What shall we do this evening ?

Hosam : I don’t know .

Hassan : Let’s go to the cinema .

Hosam : No , not this evening . Let’s stay here .

Hassan : No . Let’s go to a restaurant . Shall we go to an Italian restaurant ?

Hosam : Which one ?

Hassan :Cook Door . I like this restaurant .

Hosam : I don’t like Cook Door . I’m afraid . And I don’t like Italian food very much . I prefer Chinese food .

Hassan : All right . Let’s go to a Chinese restaurant . Is there one near here ?

Hosam : I don’t think so .

Hassan : Yes . Shall we have sea food ?

Hosam : Yes . Let’s have sea food .

===============

 

Saleem : Hello , Saleem Ahmad here .

Wife : Hello , Saleem . It’s your wife , Salma . What would you like for dinner ?

Saleem : I don’t know .

Wife : Would you like fish ?

Saleem : I don’t think so .

Wife : What would you like ?

Saleem : I’d like chicken . And I’d like potatoes and some peas and some fruit .

Wife [ to her daughter ] : He’d like chicken , potatoes , peas and some fruit .

Right . Now Saleem , we’ll need some fruit .

Saleem : All right . I’ll buy some fruit .

Wife : Thanks , Saleem . Goodbye .

Saleem : Goodbye .

==============

Customer : Right . We’d like roast beef , pudding , potatoes and peas .

Waiter : Very good , sir . Two roast beef , pudding , potatoes and peas .

Customer : One

Waiter : Pardon , sir ?

Customer : I want one toast beef , pudding , potatoes and peas . And two plates . We’re not very hungry , are we ?

Other Customer : No .

=============

Amr : Hello , Amr Hussein here .

Mahmoud : Hello , Amre . It’s Mahmoud . What are you doing in your office ?

Amr : I’m working . I often work late on Wednesday . I’m busy .

Mahmoud : Come and have dinner with us tomorrow .

Amr : Sorry . I never go out on Thursday night .I always watch football then , on television. .

Mahmoud : Would you come next Friday ?

Amr : Just a moment . Yes , Mahmoud . I’ll come to dinner on Friday.

===============

 

Waiter : Good evening , sir .

Man : Good evening . Have you got a table for two ?

Waiter : A table for two ? Of course sir . This way please .

Man : One fish , one steak , two salads .

Woman : Have you got any fresh juice ?

Waiter : Fresh juice ? No . I’m sorry , madam . We haven’t got any fresh juice now . We’ve got some bottles of juice .

Woman : Oh , yes . I like some bottles of juice . Do you ?

Man : Yes ,I do . So – some bottles of juice . One fish , one steak , two salads .

=============

Waiter : Good evening , sir . Can I help you ?

Man : Yes . Is there a garage near here ?

Waiter : Yes . There’s a garage in the next street . Straight ahead , on the left .

Man : Thank you .

Waiter : Good evening , sir , madam . A table for two ?

Woman : No , thank you . Can you help us ? Are there any hotels near here ?

Waiter : Yes , there are some hotels in this street . The nearest hotel is next to the bank.

Woman : Thank you .

==============

Adel : Say , do you want to go out to dinner tonight ?

Hosham : Sure . Where would you like to go ?

Adel : Well , what do you think of Indian food ?

Hosham : I love it , but I’m not really in the mood for it today .

Adel : Yeah . I’m not either , I guess . It’s a bit spicy .

Hosham : Hmm . How do you like Japanese food ?

Adel : Oh , I like it a lot .

Hosham : I do , too . And I know a nice Japanese restaurant near here – it’s called Iroha .

Adel : Oh , I’ve always wanted to go there .

Hosham : Terrific ! Let’s go !

==============

 

Waiter : What would you like to order ?

Customer : I’d like to have the fried chicken .

Waiter : Would you like rice or potatoes ?

Customer : Potatoes , please .

Waite : What kind of potatoes would you like ?

              Mashed , baked , or French fries .

Customer : I’d like French fries .

Waiter : OK . And what will you like to drink ?

Customer : I guess I’d like to have a cup of coffee .

Waiter : Would you like anything else ?

Customer : No , that’ll be all for now , thanks .

Later

Waiter : Would you like dessert ?

Customer : Yes , I’d like ice-cream .

Waiter : What flavor would you like ?

Customer : Hmm . I’d like to have chocolate , please .

Waiter : OK . I’ll bring it right away .

==============

 

Sameh : Hey , this sounds good – snails with garlic ! Have you ever eaten snails ?

Safi : No , I haven’t .

Sameh : Oh , they’re delicious ! I had them last time . Like to try some ?

Safi : No , thanks . They sound strange .

Waiter : Have you decided on an appetizer yet ?

Sameh : Yes . I’ll have the snails , please .

Waiter : And you , sir ?

Safi : I think I’ll have the fried brains .

Sameh : Fried brains ? Now that really sounds strange !

================

Bassams: What’s your favorite snack ?

Sarahan : Oh , it’s a sandwich with peanut butter , honey , and a banana . It’s really delicious !

Bassam : Ugh ! I’ve never heard of that ! How do you make it ?

Sarhan: Well , first you take two slices of bread and spread peanut butter on them . Then cut a banana into small pieces and put them on one of the slices of bread . Finally , pour some honey over the bananas and put the other slice of bread on top . Yum !

Bassam : Yuck ! It sounds awful !

================

 

Noura : What time’s that , Nadia ?

Nadia : It’s half past twelve .

Noura : Yes , it’s half past twelve , and it’s hot .

Nadia : Yes , it is hot .

Noura : And I’m thirsty .

Nadia : So am I . I’m thirsty too .

Noura : And I’m tired .

Nadia : So am I . Let’s go into a café .

Noura : Good idea ! Ah ! Here’s a café . Let’s go in .

[ In the café ]

Nadia : I want coffee .

Noura : I want tea .

Waiter : Yes ? Sorry , madam . No tea .

Noura Oh . I want lemonade , then .

Waiter : One coffee and one lemonade .

=================

No comments:

184- ] English Literature

184- ] English Literature Jane Austen  Austen’s novels: an overview Jane Austen’s three early novels form a distinct group in which a stro...