Grammar American & British

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Conversation & Dialogue [ 23 ]

23- ] Conversation & Dialogue 
The Favorite Job .

Assistant : I’d like to work in a hospital . I’d like to be a nurse .
Customer : A nurse ? I’m a nurse , sometimes .
Assistant : Or I’d like to work in an office . As a secretary .
Customer : I’m a secretary too – sometimes .
Assistant : I’d like to be a teacher . They have nice long holidays .
Customer : I’m a teacher ----Sometimes . But I don’t get long holidays .
Assistant : All those jobs at the same time ? Where do you work ?
Customer : At home . As a wife and mother .
Assistant : Oh , I see .
================

Hosam: Where do you work , Hashem ?
Hashem : I work for Thomas Cook Travel .
Hosam : Oh , really ? What do you do there ?
Hashem : I’m a guide . I take people on tours to countries in South America , like Peru.
Hosam : That sounds interesting !
Hashem : Yes , it’s a good job . I love it . And what do you do ?
Hosam : I’m a student , and I have a part-time job , too .
Hashem : Oh ? Where do you work ?
Hosam : In a fast-food restaurant .
Hashem : Which restaurant ?
Hosam : Cook Door .
==================
Hafez : Any interesting jobs on the Internet today ?
Wael : Well , there are a lot of retail jobs --- selling clothes and stuff . But you have to work Fridays and Saturdays .
Hafez : Hmm . I hate working on weekends .
Wael : Hmm ….so do I . Oh , here’s a job in sales . It’s a job selling children’s books to bookstores .
Hafez : That sounds interesting .
Wael : Yeah . Let’s see . You need to have a driver’s license . And you have to work some evenings .
Hafez : I don’t mind working evenings during the week . And I enjoy driving . So , what’s the phone number .
Wael : It’s 2279834 .
=================

Nabil : I don’t know what classes to take this semester . I can’t decide what I want to do with my life . Have you thought about it ?
Raheem : Yes , I have . I think I’d make a good journalist because I love writing .
Nabil : Maybe I could be a teacher because I’m very creative . And I like working with kids .
Raheem : Oh , I wouldn’t want to be a teacher . I’m too impatient .
Nabil : I know one thing I could never do .
Raheem : What’s that ?
Nabil : I could never be a stockbroker because I’m not good at making decisions quickly.
===================
Samar : How did you get into modeling , Nancy  ?
Nancy : Well , when I graduated from the Higher Institute For Acting , I moved to The capital city to look for work as an actress . I was going to auditions every day , but I never got any parts . And I was running out of money .
Samar : So , what did you do ?
Nancy : I got a job as a waitress in a seafood restaurant . While I was working there , a customer offered me some work as a model . Within a few weeks , I was model in full time .
Samar : Wow , what a lucky break !
================
Effat : Hey , Medhat ! I haven’t seen you in ages . What have you been doing lately !
Medhat :Nothing exciting . I’ve been working two jobs for the last six months .
Effat : How come ?
Medhat : I’m saving up money for a trip to Europe .
Effat : Well , I’ve only been spending money . I quit my job to go to graduate university or so-called open university . I’m studying journalism .
Medhat : Really ? How long have you been doing that ?
Effat : For two years . Luckily , I finish next month . I’m almost out of money .
====================

No comments:

150-] English Literature

150-] English Literature Letitia Elizabeth Landon     List of works In addition to the works listed below, Landon was responsible for nume...