Grammar American & British

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Conversation & Dialogue [ 24 ]

24- ] Conversation & Dialogue 
My Favorite Sport .
popular sports

Customer : Are you interested in football ?
Assistant : Well , yes .
Customer : I am . Wonderful game , football .
Assistant : Yes . Now what shoes can I show you , sir ?
Customer : I like all sports and games .
Assistant : Oh , yes .
Customer : Yes . Football , cricket , swimming . Can you swim ?
Assistant : I’m not a good swimmer , but I go swimming sometimes .
Customer : Tennis . Thar’s a good game .
Assistant : Yes .
Customer : I’m very interested in tennis . I never miss Wimbledon , you know . I see it every year .
=================
Interviewer : Thank you , thank you ladies and gentlemen . Tonight in the studio , we’ve got the strongest man in the world . Mr. Kazem Hider ! Good evening Kazem .
Kazem : Good evening .
Interviewer : Sit down . Oh . [ The chair crashes .]
Kazem : Yes , I’m very heavy . I usually sit on two strong chairs .
Interviewer : Two chairs ? O . K . Can we have two chairs , please ? ….There . Cigarette ?
Kazem : No , thanks .
Interviewer : You don’t smoke ?
Kazem :No , I don’t . I don’t smoke and I don’t drink .
Interviewer : Really ? You never smoke and you never drink .
Kazem : Well , I never drink alcohol . I always drink milk in the morning and I often drink tea .
Interviewer : You’re the strongest man in the world . What do you eat ? Do you eat any special food ?
Kazem : Well , I eat fruit . Apples , bananas ---
Interviewer : Yes , and how do you stay strong ?
Kazem : Well , I always go to bed early . Yes at nine o’clock . And I always get up early too .
=============
My Favorite Hobby .

Mohsin : Hello , Sayed . What are you doing ?
Sayed : I’m making a bookcase . I like books . I like buying books . And I like reading them . But I don’t want to buy a bookcase .
Mohsin : Why not ?
Sayed : Bookcases are expensive , and I enjoy making things . So , I’m making a bookcase .
Mohsin : Well , I’m playing tennis this afternoon . Would you like to play ?
Sayed : No , thanks . Not this afternoon . It’s too cold . And I’m busy .
================
Spectator 1 : Who’s winning ? Ismael or Nader ?
Spectator 2 : Ismael’s winning . He usually wins . He’s good at tennis . Nader isn’t .
Spectator 1 : Where’s Hussein ?
Spectator 2 : He’s at home . He doesn’t like playing  tennis .
Spectator 1 : He enjoys watching tennis . He often comes here and watches .
Spectator 2 : And sometimes he plays too . He played against Karim last week .
==============

No comments:

780- ] English Literature

780- ] English Literature Walter Scott  The novelist Gothic novel Scott was influenced by Gothic romance , and had collaborated in 1801 with...