Grammar American & British

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Conversation & Dialogue [ 25 ]

25- ] Conversation & Dialogue 
Warning


Wife : Be careful !
Husband : What ?
Wife : Don’t touch it . It’s dangerous .
Husband : Don’t worry . It’s quite safe .
Wife : Look out !
Husband : Aah !
==============
Advice .

Woman : I feel very tired these days .
Friend : Well , you shouldn’t go to bed so late .
Woman : Oh! No . I’m also getting a little ……
Friend : Fat .
Woman : Well , yes .
Friend : That’s easy . You shouldn’t eat so much .
Woman : No , I get headaches in the evening .
Friend : You shouldn’t watch so much television .
Woman : Well , no .
Friend : I’ve got to go now .
Woman : But what about me ? I feel ill .
Friend : You should see a doctor .
Woman : But you’re the doctor !
Friend : Me ? No , I’m just a nurse .
===============
A Wife’s Complaint .


Wife : When I was married I used to cook all the time . I used to clean the flat , and I used to wash clothes . Now I go out more . Visit old friends more .
Friend : But your husband used to help you in some ways .
Wife : Yes , he used to help me when He was at home . But he wasn’t at home very often . And I used to wait for him . When I was married , I used to be a very weak person .
================

No comments:

150-] English Literature

150-] English Literature Letitia Elizabeth Landon     List of works In addition to the works listed below, Landon was responsible for nume...