Grammar American & British

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

General Grammar Exercises & Tests ( 2 )

 2 - ) General Grammar Exercises & Tests

Practice exercise 1

Write the correct answer in the space using the words below.

who ,  what  , how , which , whom  , where

1 - ] Marie is the person ---------is taking over my job next month.

2 - ]I couldn't imagine -----------------I would be able to find the courage to leave.

3 - ] He really can't work out ---------------he has to go to get the information he needs.

4 - ] The person with ---------------you should be registering your complaint is the manager, but he's unavailable at the moment.

5 - ]Damn! The laptop! That's----------------I meant to give him before he left.

6 - ] I've got a week to finish this,-------------------is just about long enough. 

Practice exercise 2

Choose the correct answer.

1.If I'd got the job I'd --------------- in London.

have lived

to live

lived

2.This is the house I used to ------------------.

live

living

live in

3.Sorry, ------------------ no room, you'll have to find somewhere else to sit.

it's

there's

there has

4. English food is often considered too --------------- for foreigners' tastes.

plane

plan

plain

5.  On hearing the news she burst--------------tears.

to

in

into

6. My day at the health spa was ------------ bliss .

sheer

merely

sheerly

Practice exercise 3

Correct any mistakes in the sentences. If there isn't a mistake, write “ no error” .

1 - ) I enjoy watching the films, going to the theatre and visiting museums.

2 - )  Princess Diana often used to go to shopping in Harrods.

3 - )  Because of he drank a lot, George didn't get invited to his friends' wedding.

4 - ) Whoever stole my chocolate is in a lot of the trouble.

5 - )  The house my grandparents did lived in is up for sale at the moment.

Practice Exercise  4

Choose the correct answer.

1 - ) English football fans are only ( slight , slighter , slightly ) less energetic than the players!

2 - ) Poor Alan was suffering from a ( huge , heavy , hard ) cold and could hardly speak.

3 - ) The room was awfully ( loud , noisy , noise ) because it overlooked the street where all the clubs were.

4 - ) I saw a huge hairy spider ( scraping , craving , scrawling ) across the ceiling over my bed.

5 - ) You don't happen to know where Malcom might be, ( mightn’t , don’t , do ) you?

6 - ) Brian is the only person I know ( who , whom , which ) can hold his breath for more than a minute !



No comments:

150-] English Literature

150-] English Literature Letitia Elizabeth Landon     List of works In addition to the works listed below, Landon was responsible for nume...