Grammar American & British

Saturday, October 30, 2021

General Grammar Exercise & Tests [ 13 ]

13 - ] General Grammar Exercises & Tests

( 13 )

Complete the sentences below with 'even if' or 'even though'.

(The answers are at the end of the page.)

1.Sam refused the offer __________________ he needed the money.

2.__________________ Mary has a car, she walks to work.

3. James won't sell his car ____________________ you offer him a good price.

4. ____________________ the man was blind, he walked to the station.

5.We go running every day, _________________ the weather is bad.

6.I love my job. I wouldn't change jobs _________________ the salary was higher.

7.She gives money to charity ___________________ she is not rich.

8.I wouldn't buy you a scooter _______________ I had the money.

9. She will refuse to move house _______________ she is offered a more comfortable place.

10.Dad won't allow me to take his car _________________ I promised to drive carefully.

 Answers :

1.even though 2.even though 3.even if 4.even though5.even if 6.even if  7.even though8.even if 9.even if 10.even though

Complete the sentences below with 'for', 'during' or 'while'.

(The answers are at the end of the page.)

1.I have been waiting for the bus _______________ 20 minutes.

2.Tom played golf ______________ Julie went shopping with her friends.

3.The family lived in Japan _______________ three years.

4.Larry called his mother _______________ Caroline was watching television.

5.My mother came to stay with us ______________ the summer __________ 10 days.

6.Yesterday we played tennis ______________ 2 hours.

7. _______________ the holidays we relax, go sightseeing and visit friends.

8.In Europe, meals are different. People stay at the table ____________ a long time.

9.Alex phoned _______________ you were out.

10.We're going to stay in New York ____________ 2 days ______________ our trip.

 Answers :

«1. for 2. while 3.for 4. while  5.during/for 6. for 7. during 8.for 9. while 10.for/during»

Complete the following sentences with the appropriate form of the verb in brackets:

- the future simple (ex : I will watch)

- the future continuous (ex : I will be watching)

(The answers are at the end of the exercise.)

1. I promise I ______________ (call) you as soon as I have any news.

2.This time tomorrow Tom ________________(fly) over the Atlantic on his way to Boston.

3.Those bags look heavy.  I _________________________ (carry) one of them for you.

4.They are getting married on Saturday.  All the guests _________________ (wear) white.

5.The following week they ______________________ (enjoy) the sun in the West Indies.

6. The sky is a bit cloudy.  __________________ (rain) do you think?

7.If you look at this map you ____________ (see) where the islands are.

8.You should have no problem finding him.  He ___________________ (carry) a guitar.

9.My parents ________________ (call) me from the airport when they arrive.

10.This time tomorrow I _____________________ (attend) a meeting.

 Answers :

1.will call        2.will be flying           3.will carry     4.will be wearing       5.will be enjoying

6.will it            7.will see         8.will be carrying      9.will call        10.will be attending  

No comments:

150-] English Literature

150-] English Literature Letitia Elizabeth Landon     List of works In addition to the works listed below, Landon was responsible for nume...