Grammar American & British

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Vocabulary Tests [ 50 ] Test Fifty

50 - ] Vocabulary Tests 

Test Fifty

1 - ] Time & Frequency

Exercise A

Supply the best word or words

1 . I’ll see you ------------------ten minutes . ( A ) in ( B ) after

2 . I arrived first and Tom arrived ------------ . ( A ) after ( B ) later

3 . We’re expecting her -----------------afternoon . ( A ) this ( B ) today

4 . She invited us , so we must invite her ------------------ . ( A ) again ( B ) back

5 . He hasn’t phoned ----------------- . ( A ) still ( B ) yet

6 . I learnt to ride a bike -----------------I was a boy . ( A ) as ( B ) when

7 . I’ll see you -----------------March . ( A ) at ( B ) in

8 . I’ll see you ----------------Monday . ( A ) at ( B ) on

9 . ‘Liz - you’re wanted on the phone !’ - ‘----------------!’( A ) Coming ( B ) At once

10 . I met him three years --------------- . ( A ) ago ( B ) before

11 . Knock before --------------- enter . ( A ) you ( B ) to

12 . I was a chauffeur then . ----------------- .( A ) Before that ( B ) Before

13 . I’ve been a waiter --------------three years . ( A ) during ( B ) for

14 . Don’t worry . She’ll learn to spell very -------------- . ( A ) early ( B ) soon

15 . What happened ----------------- the end of the story ? ( A ) in ( B ) at

16 . We missed the train and ---------------- we got a taxi . ( A ) in the end ( B ) at last

17 . Everything was stolen - -----------------our clothes . ( A ) still ( B ) even

18 . I’ll call on you this -------------------- between 6 and 7 p.m. ( A ) afternoon ( B ) evening  

19 . That was his ----------------- wish before he died . ( A ) eventual ( B ) final

2 0 . I have ----------------- trusted him . ( A ) ever ( B ) never

Answer Key

1 . A 2 . B 3 A 4 . B 5 . B 6 . B 7 . B 8 . B 9 . A 10 . A 11 . A 12 . A 13 . B 14 . B 15 . B 16 . A

17 . B 18 . B 19 . B 20 . B  

Exercise B

Supply the best word

1 . The experience wasn’t so bad ------------------- . ( A ) finally ( B ) after all

2 . I couldn’t understand English at all -------------------- . ( A ) firstly ( B ) at first

3 . It’s ---------------- first time I’ve driven a car on my own . ( A ) the ( B ) my

4 . --------------------- first time I met Harry , he was in the army . ( A ) In the ( B ) The

5 . What ------------------- should we meet ? ( A ) hour ( B ) time

6 . I’ll see you tomorrow at 10 ----------------- . ( A ) hour ( B ) o’clock

7 . Can I borrow your car ? - How long ---------------? ( A ) ago ( B ) for

8 . Please wait -------------- . ( A ) a moment ( B ) an instant

9 . Who phoned -----------------? ( A ) just ( B ) just now

10 . I can wait to get to the -------------------- chapter . ( A ) last ( B ) latest

11 . She phoned me ------------------------------- Monday . ( A ) last ( B ) the last

12 . My name comes -------------- in the list . ( A ) last ( B ) lastly

13 . We haven’t seen much of you ----------------- . ( A ) late ( B ) lately

14 . She’ll call some time --------------------- the evening .  ( A ) long ( B ) during

15 . I’m afraid I can’t stay ----------------------- . ( A ) long ( B ) much  

16 . I’ll be with you in ------------------ moment . ( A ) - ( B )  a

17 . It -------------------------- an hour to fly to the airport . ( A ) needs ( B ) takes  

18 . We traveled -------------- night . ( A ) at ( B ) the

19 . She’s not free to see us till ------------------------ week . ( A ) the other ( B ) next

20 . I only ever met her -------------------------------- . ( A ) once ( B ) one time

Answer Key

1 . B 2 . B 3 . A 4 . B 5 . B 6 . B 7 . B 8 . A 9 . B 10 . A 11 . A 12 . A 13 . B 14 . B 15 . A

16 . B 17 . B 18 . A 19 . B 20 . A 

No comments:

150-] English Literature

150-] English Literature Letitia Elizabeth Landon     List of works In addition to the works listed below, Landon was responsible for nume...