Grammar American & British

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Conversation & Dialogue [ 20 ]

20 ] Conversation & Dialogue 
The Job Interview .

Boss : I want the letter to Mr. Khaled .
Employee : I’ve just typed it . Here you are .
Boss : And the letter to Mr. Shaher ?
Employee : I haven’t typed that one yet .
Boss : Has Mr. Hazem telephoned ?
Employee : No . Not yet .
Boss : You need a new secretary .
Employee : Yes , I do . I haven’t got a secretary . Salwa’s gone . She’s got a new job ---
And I’m very busy . I’ve typed twenty-five letters today !
===============

Employer : What work have you done ?
Interviewee : Well , I was a nurse for six years . Then I worked in a bank . That was a few years ago . And now I’m a secretary .
Employer : How long have you been a secretary ?
Interviewee : I’ve been a secretary for one year . Since last August .
Employer : You’ve been a secretary for one year . In Cairo ?
Interviewee : No , I worked in Alexandria for three months . I came to Cairo nine months ago .
Employer : So , you’ve worked in Cairo since late November .
Interviewee : Yes , that’s right , sir .
===============
Boss : All right , Salwa . Tell us something about yourself , please .
Salwa : Well , my name is Salwa Said . I’m twenty three years old , and I live at 36 Sadeq Street . My mobile number is 01158141204.
Boss : Very good !
Salwa : I’m single and I live in a flat with my family . I went to Nawal Shaker School . Then I did a course to become a secretary .
Boss : Very good ! Very good indeed !
Boss : You went to Nawal Shaker School until …. ?
Salwa : Until 2008 . I was there from 2004 to 2007 .
Salwa : Ah , yes . And what exams did you take ?
Salwa : Six ‘O’ levels and two ‘A’ levels . English and book-keeping at ‘A’ level .
Boss : Two advanced levels . That’s wonderful !
Salwa : I see . And I’ve been a secretary for four years . I used to work for Brothers Company . I’m working for Johnson’s at the moment .
==============
Manager : I need a secretary who can type well and fast .
Sarah : As I said in my letter . I type well and fast .
Manager : I need a secretary who can take good shorthand .
Sarah : I take good shorthand .
Manager : I need a secretary who has a good voice on the telephone .
Sarah : I talked to you on the telephone .
Manager : Yes , true .
===============
Manager : Well , then the job is yours Miss Sarah .When can you begin ?
Sarah : Just a minute , please .
Manager : Yes ?
Sarah : You see , I need a job where I’m a person not a machine .
Manager : Oh .
Sarah : And I need a job where I can decide things not just be told everything .
Manager : I see .
Sarah : Well …
Manager : Good .
Sarah : What ?
Manager : Good . You decide , then .
===============
Samy : Do you like your new job , Salwa ?
Salwa : No , I don’t .
Samy : What are you going to do ?
Salwa : I’m going to work for my former company again , next week .
Samy : Mr. Hazem  , Salwa says she’s going to work for you again .
Mr. Hazem ; That’s right .
=================

Interviewer : Come in . Good morning .
Candidate : Good morning .
Interviewer : Please sit down .
 Candidate : Thank you .
Interviewer : Now , Mr. …..er ….I’m sorry , I haven’t got your name . What is your name ?
Candidate : Mr. Saad Salem .
Inteviewer : Thank you . Now , Mr. Saad , you want to be a salesman .
Candidate : Yes .
Interviewer : In Sharm El-Sheikh .
Candidate : Yes .
Interviewer : Can you drive ?
Candidate : Yes , I can .
Interviewer : Have you got a car ?
Candidate : Yes , I have .
Interviewer : How old are you ?
Candidate : I’m twenty nine .
Interviewer : Fine .
Candidate : Can I have the job ?
Interviewer : Yes . Can you go to Sharm El-Sheikh on Friday ? At eight o’clock ?
Candidate : Yes . Oh ….what’s the product I’m selling .
Interviewer : Souvenirs .
==============

No comments:

184- ] English Literature

184- ] English Literature Jane Austen  Austen’s novels: an overview Jane Austen’s three early novels form a distinct group in which a stro...