Grammar American & British

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Conversation & Dialogue [ 19 ]

19- ] Conversation & Dialogue .
Wedding Celebration In United Kingdom .


Nancy : Of course it couldn’t have come at a worse time . I’m writing a new television play and I’ve just got to a very difficult part .
Barbara : Well then , let me make a suggestion .
Nancy : And now I have to stop in the middle of it . You’d never believe how many things need to be thought of when people are getting married . There’s the ceremony to think of , and the hall for the reception ….
Barbara : Nancy , you aren’t listening . I’m just trying to make a suggestion . We’ve got our huge house down there on the coast ---
Nancy : Oh yes , yes , but ---
Barbara : We’ve never found anything really important to do there . I don’t really know why we bought such a huge house .
Nancy : Look Barbara . I know what you’re trying to suggest . And believe me , I’m grateful .
Barbara : But it’s always the bride’s family that has to make the arrangements --- and so on and so on .
Nancy : Exactly . And we have started making the preparations . My husband’s getting the invitation cards printed --- he’s getting an old friend to do it . He knows someone in the printing business .
Barbara : That’s useful .
Nancy : We’ve got two charming little bridesmaids --- but I just thought --- your two very handsome little nephews . Couldn’t they come over and act as pages ? They’d look very sweet .
Barbara : What a splendid idea ! I’ll phone their mother at once . Oh , yes , that will make a beautiful addition to the ceremony .
Nancy : Yes , and of course we want you to ask all your friends and relations to come –
and of course anybody you know in England .
Barbara : But your house ----
Nancy : Oh no , of course our house is much too small . We’re going to hire the local indoor tennis courts for the reception .

No comments:

184- ] English Literature

184- ] English Literature Jane Austen  Austen’s novels: an overview Jane Austen’s three early novels form a distinct group in which a stro...