Grammar American & British

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Conversation & Dialogue [ 4 ]

4-] Conversation & Dialogue 

The Secret Agent .


Police Agent : Ah , ah …Hallo , hallo . This is agent 009 speaking . Are you receiving me ?      Are you receiving me ?

Boss : Yes , yes . We’re receiving you , 009 .

Agent : Oh good .

Boss : Well , where are you ?

Agent : I’m standing in the airport –

Boss : Come on , 009 , you’re a secret agent , not a reporter . Where is the kidnapper ? Are       you following him ?

Agent : Yes , I am , I can see him .

Boss : What’s he wearing ?

Agent : He’s wearing a blue jacket .

Boss : Jacket , yes .

Agent : And blue trousers .

Boss : Trousers , yes . And what’s he doing ?

Agent : He’s ….er ….er ……reading a book .

Boss : Book , yes .

Agent : And he’s smoking a cigarette .

Boss ; Is He carrying a bag ?

Agent : A bag ? Er , yes , yes , he is . A black bag .

Boss : Black bag , yes .

Agent : Now he’s standing up –

Boss : Yes ?

Agent : And he’s coming over to ---- Now he’s walking . Hallo , hallo , this is 009 . Ah hallo !           Are you receiving me ?

Boss : Yes , yes , 009 . Where are you now ?

Agent : I’m in the street .

Boss : He’s in the street !

Agent : Yes , in the main street .

Boss : And where is the kidnapper ? Are you still following him ?

Agent : Yes , I am . I can see him .

Boss : What’s he doing ?

Agent : He’s ….he’s …….he’s walking ----

Boss : Yes , yes . Is he still carrying the bag ?

Agent : Er , no , he isn’t . Now he’s running , so I’m running .

=============

Woman : Constable . Help ! Help !

Police Constable : Yes , madam . May I be of assistance ?

Woman : My handbag . It’s gone . It’s been stolen .

Police Constable : Oh dear ! Er , well , yes …. When ? Ans where ?

Woman : Just now . At the bus stop . I put it down for a moment , and when I turned round ---

Police Constable : Can you describe it in detail ?

Woman : It’s gone . Oh ! What shall I do ?

Police Constable : Now , now madam . Calm down . Everything will be all right . Now , er . Your handbag . What was it like ?

Woman : Brown . Er , brown leather . With a long strap . And a zip .

Police Constable : A zip . Anything else ?

Woman : And it had writing on it in white .

Police Constable : And , er , what was in it ? Can you describe the contents ?

Woman : Well , there was my passport , all my money , my driving license – everything.

Police Constable : Mm . Would you like to accompany me to the station ? I think we should report it . But don’t worry , madam . Don’t worry …

[ At the police station ]

Police Constable : Well , somebody handed the bag in . Nothing was stolen . Just a mistake . You can have your bag back .

Woman : Thank you , sir .

=============

No comments:

184- ] English Literature

184- ] English Literature Jane Austen  Austen’s novels: an overview Jane Austen’s three early novels form a distinct group in which a stro...