Grammar American & British

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Conversation & Dialogues [ 6 ]

6- ] Conversation & Dialogue .

Telephone Call .

Receptionist : 22564821 . Good afternoon .

Ahmad : Good afternoon . Can I speak to Mr. Khaled , please ?

Receptionist : Certainly , sir . Mr. Khaled . There’s a call for you .

Ahmad : Mr. Khaled . Is that Mr. Khaled ?

Mr Khaled : Yes , this is Mr. Khaled speaking . Who’s that ? Who’s calling ?

Ahmad : It’s Ahmad here .

Mr Khaled : Hello , Ahmad . How are you ?

Ahmad : I’m very well , thank you . And you ?

Mr Khaled : Fine , thanks . Can I come and see you this afternoon or this evening ?

Ahmad : Well , shall I come and see you ?

Mr Khaled : Yes , all right . Come to my hotel this evening .

Ahmad : Where are you staying ?

Mr Khaled : At Hilton Hotel . It’s in Tahrir Square . I’m in room 432 .

Ahmad : Room 432 . Fine . Shall I come at six o’clock ?

Mr Khaled : All right . I’ll see you at six o’clock . Goodbye .

Ahmad : Goodbye .

===============

Woman : Yes , who are you ?

Ahmad : My name’s Ahmad . Is Mr. Khaled there ?

Woman: No , he isn’t . This is my room and my name’s Salma Saad .

Ahmad : But this is room 432 , isn’t it ?

Woman : No , it isn’t . This is room 482 .

Ahmad : Oh , I’m sorry .

Woman : It doesn’t matter .

================

Secretary :Hello . Haze’s office .

Mr. Saleem : Is Mr. Hazem there , please ?

Secretary : I’m afraid Mr. Hazem is out .

Mr. Saleem : Out ?

Secretary : Yes , he’s out . He’s gone to lunch . He’s gone to a restaurant , I think .

Mr. Saleem : When is he coming back , please ?

Secretary : He’s coming back at two o’clock . Sorry . He isn’t coming back at two . He’s     coming back      at three . Can I take a message for him ?

Mr. Saleem : No , thank you .

==================

Mr. Saleem : Excuse me . I’m looking for Mr. Hazem .

Waiter : Mr. Hazem ? He’s having lunch with some friends . They’re outside .

==================

Plumber : Hello ? Plumbing service .

Woman : Hello , I’ve got a problem with the sink in the kitchen .

Plumber ; What’s wrong with it ?

Woman : I can’t turn the water off . The tap’s leaking .

Plumber : Have you turned the water off at the mains ?

Woman : I’ve tried . But the tap doesn’t work . Can you send someone round to look at it ?

Plumber : I’ll send someone to look at it immediately . What’s the name and address , please ?

==================

Telephone Messages .

Secretary : Good morning , Nasr Industries .

Mr . Shawkat : Hello . May I speak to Mr. Ezzat , please ?

Secretary : I’m sorry . He’s not in . Can I take a message ?

Mr . Shawkat : Yes , please . This is Mr.  Shawkat .

Secretary : Is that Mr.  Shawkat ?

Mr Shawkat : Yes .

Secretary : All right .

Mr Shawkat : Please tell him our meeting is on Friday at 7 .

Secretay :Friday at 7 .

Mr Shawkat : And would you ask him to call me this afternoon ?My number is 01156932490 .

Secretay : 01156932490 . Yes , Mr. .Shawkat . I’ll give Mr.  Ezzat the message .

Mr . Shawkat : Thank you . Goodbye .

Secretary : Goodbye .



No comments:

184- ] English Literature

184- ] English Literature Jane Austen  Austen’s novels: an overview Jane Austen’s three early novels form a distinct group in which a stro...