Grammar American & British

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Vocabulary Tests [ 61 ] , Test Sixty One

61 - ] Vocabulary Tests 

Test Sixty One .

1 - ] ‘Do’ , ‘make’ and ‘have’

1 - ] Supply the correct forms of do ,make or have

1 . Have you --------------your English exam ?

2 . I must congratulate you . You’ve ---------------a very good job .

3 . When are you going to ------------- your bath ?

4 . We’ll be ---------------- a big party next Saturday .

5 . Excuse me . I’ve got to -------------- a phone call .

6 . I wish you wouldn’t ------------------so much noise !

7 . You’ve -------------------dirty marks on the wall !

8.Did you hear that Mrs. Simpson has ------------ a baby boy ?

9 . I ---------------------- a pain in the stomach after eating too many figs .

10 . I’ll join you in a minute , after I’ve --------------- a shower .

11 . She doesn’t say very much . It’s difficult to -------------------conversation with her .

12 . Try not to ----------------too many mistakes !

13 . I’d like to know how he has -------------------so much money .

14 . We’ve got a lot to do , so it’s time we ------------------ a start .

15 . Did you -----------------English at school ?

16 . I didn’t finish my exam paper . I couldn’t ---------------------all the questions .

17 . ----------------------something ! Don’t just stand there watching me !

18. I won’t be free at 11. I’m going to ------------------a driving lesson .

19. Let me --------------- a try !

20. The world has ---------------------so many wars !

Answer Key

1 . done / had 2 . done 3 . have 4 . having 5 . make 6 . make 7 . made 8. had 9 . had

10 . had 11 . make 12 . make 13. made 14 . made 15. do 16 . do 17 . Do 18 . have

19 . have 20. had

2 - ] Supply the correct forms of do ,make or have

1 . Let’s hope European nations will never again -----------------war on each other .

2 . I hope you --------------------- a nice sleep !

3 . You’ll have to ----------------what you think is right .

4 . A long walk in the fresh air will --------------you a lot of good .

5 . I’ve ------------------------ my suitcase lighter by removing a couple of books .

6 . Don’t blame me . I didn’t ---------------anything out of a few ingredients .

8 . It --------------------no difference whether you believe me or not !

9 . Everyone will -----------------fun of you if you go to school dressed like that !

10 . I’m sure you’ll have a lovely evening and I hope you’ll ----------- a lot of fun .

11 . I’ve ----------------------an appointment to see my dentist on Wednesday .

12 . I can’t see you at 11 . I -------------------an appointment with my dentist .

13 . I -------------------------- a headache , so I took an aspirin .

14 . It looks as though those two cars have been -------------------- a fight .

15 . Did you --------------- a good game ?

16 . I don’t want to ----------------------  trouble for you .

17. If it’s fine tomorrow , we can go for a long walk and ------------------a picnic .

18. ---------------------a good trip !

19 . I don’t like being criticized after I’ve --------------my best .

20 . You can watch TV after you’ve ---------------------- your homework .

Answer Key

1 . make 2 . had / have 3 . do 4 . do 5 . made 6 . do 7 . make 8. makes 9 . make

10. have 11 . made 12 . have 13 . had 14 . having 15 . have 16 . make 17 . have

18 . have 19 . done 20. done

2 . Dressing and Clothes

 Supply the best  word or words .

1 . How long does it take you to -------------------in the morning ?

(A) get dressed (B) dress up (C) dress yourself

2 . You can’t go to the interview -----------------------jeans and an old jacket ?          

(A) dressed with (B) dressed in (C) dressed up

3 . Just a minute ! I must have a shower and ------------------before we go out .     

(A) change  (B) exchange

4 . You’d better --------------------your coat before you go out into the cold .          

(A) wear (B) dress in (C) have in (D) put on   

5 . ---------------------that blue dress to see if it suits you .       

(A) Test (B) Prove (C) Try on (D) Probe  

6 .  I can’t go out in this shirt . I’ve ----------------all day .         

(A) dressed in it (B) had it on (C) got dressed in it

7 . The doctor asked me to ----------------my shirt .         

(A) put off (B) take off (C) take out (D) put on

8 . We got John a new --------------------for his job interview .            

 (A) dress (B) costume (C) suit (D) suite

9.  How much would you expect to pay for a pair of men’s -----------------?         

 (A) socks (B) stockings (C) tights

10 . They won’t let you into the restaurant without a -------------------- .         

(A) cravat (B) tie

11 . These are -----------------------I work in .            

(A) clothing (B) clothe (C) clothes (D) cloth

12 .  Your collar looks very tight . Why don’t you your tie ?       

(A) loose (B) lose (C) loosen

13 . Ticket inspectors usually wear a blue suit and a ----------------------- .        

 (A) peaked cap (B) casket

14 . It was so early in the morning that she answered the door in a ---------------------           

(A) dressing gown (B) robe (C) dress

15 . How much -------------------in the window ?        

 (A) is that trouser (B) are these trousers (C) are those pantaloons

Answer Key

1 . A 2 . B 3 . A 4 . D 5 . C 6 . B 7 . B 8 . C 9 . A 10 . B 11 . C 12 . C 13 . A

14 . A ( Am E B) 15 . B 

No comments:

184- ] English Literature

184- ] English Literature Jane Austen  Austen’s novels: an overview Jane Austen’s three early novels form a distinct group in which a stro...