Grammar American & British

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Conversation & Dialogue [ 17 ]

17 - ] Conversation & Dialogue .
The New House .
Estate Agent : Yes , Mr. Raouf . You want a small house , near the sea .                   
Mr. Raouf : That’s right .                                                                                                 
                   Estate Agent : There’s a very nice house for you near the sea . Look at the map . Now ,            
    where is it ?                                                                                                                         
Mrs. Raouf : It’s south of Marina .                                                                                
Estate Agent : Ah , there it is .                                                                                        
================
Estate Agent : There you are . A wonderful new kitchen .
Mr. Raouf : It’s very small .
Estate Agent : There’s the cooker and there’s the refrigerator .
Mr. Raouf : Where ?
Estate Agent : Behind you . The refrigerator’s behind you .
Mrs. Raouf : I can’t open it .
Mr. Raouf : I can put the table outside . Then you can open the refrigerator .
Mrs. Raouf : What’s that under the table ? On the floor ?
Estate Agent : It’s a box .
Mrs. Raouf : What’s inside the box ?
Estate Agent : Spoons , knives , forks …..
Mr. Raouf : Plates …..
Mrs. Raouf : Cups . Where will we put all these things ?
Estate Agent : Put them in the cupboard . There’s a cupboard behind the door .
============== 
Estate Agent : Here’s the front door . No , sorry . It’s the back door . This is the front door . Here’s the living room .
Mr. Raouf : Where ?
Estate Agent : Here . And the kitchen is here , at the back . And you go through the back door into the garden .
Mr. Raouf : So this is the living room , at the front .
Estate Agent : Yes , that’s right .
Mr. Raouf : And what’s the room between the kitchen and the living room ?
Estate Agent : That’s a toilet . And the bedrooms are upstairs . And the bathroom’s upstairs too .
===============
Man : Come in . Welcome to our new house .
Woman : What do you think of it ?
Mother : I think it’s very nice . I like the chairs .
Father : I don’t like small chairs .
Woman : What do you think of that table ?
Mother : I like it . It’s a nice table .
Father : I’m sorry . I don’t like it . I don’t like small tables .
Man : Coffee or tea ? Which do you prefer ?
Father : I don’t like tea .
Mother : We prefer coffee .
===============

Boss : Are you tired ?
Hazem : Yes .
Boss : You look very tired . Perhaps you need a holiday .
Hazem : I don’t need a holiday . I need some sleep . What are those men doing ? Why are they taking those things away ?
Boss : You need some new things for your office – A new desk , some new chairs …….
Hazem : I don’t need a new desk . This desk is good enough .
================
Wife : Yes . Everything will be all right .
Husband : The peas , for example ?
Wife : They’re on the third shelf , on the left .
Husband : And the sugar ?
Wife : That’s here on the right , on the second shelf . And there’s some more under the counter .
Husband : Good . You remembered .
Wife : Of course I remembered .
Husband : Oh ---- did I tell you where the milk is ?
Wife : Yes . Three times . It’s on the left near the door .
Husband : Good . And if you need some more this afternoon …….
Wife : I can get it from the Dairy , opposite the bank . Their telephone number is in your little book .
=================
Salman : Excuse me . I’m your new neighbor . I just moved in .
Man : Oh . Yes ?
Salman : I’m looking for a grocery store . Are there any around here ?
Man : Yes , there are some on the next street .
Salman : OK . And is there a laundry near here ?
Man : Well , I think there’s one across from the shopping center .
Salman : Thank you .
Man ; By the way , there’s a barber shop in the shopping center , too
Salman : A barber shop ? Thank you .
==================
Rasheed : Where do you live ?
Gamal : I live in an apartment downtown .
Rasheed :Oh , that’s convenient , but ….. how much crime is there ?
Gamal : Not much . But there is a lot of traffic . I can’t stand the noise sometimes ! Where do you live ?
Rasheed : I have a house in the suburbs .
Gamal : Oh , I bet it’s really quiet . But is there much to do there ?
Rasheed : No , not much . In fact , nothing even really happens . That’s the trouble .
Gamal ; Hey . Let’s trade places one weekend !
Rasheed : OK . Great idea !
================
Husband : What do you think ?
Wife : Well , it has just as many bedrooms as the last apartment . And the living room is huge .
Daughter : But the bedrooms are too small . And there isn’t enough closet space for my clothes .
Husband : And it’s not as cheap as the last apartment we saw .
Wife : But that apartment was dark and dingy . And it was in a dangerous neighborhood .
Husband : Let’s see if the real estate agent has something else to show us .

No comments:

184- ] English Literature

184- ] English Literature Jane Austen  Austen’s novels: an overview Jane Austen’s three early novels form a distinct group in which a stro...