Grammar American & British

Monday, October 5, 2026

348- ] English Literature - Jon McGregor

348- ] English Literature

Jon McGregor


 Biography

I have been a Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Nottingham since 2012. Prior to this, I spent a decade developing a professional career as a writer of fiction, and continue to develop that practice alongside my university research and teaching.

I have published five novels and two short story collections, and won awards including the Dublin Literature Prize and Costa Novel Award. I have also participated in several residencies, writing workshops, mentorships, and prize juries.

I regularly participate in literary festivals and conferences, and have a particular interest in exploring new forms of literary performance and live audience engagement.

Expertise Summary

My main areas of research and teaching are in the forms, practices, and critical reception of contemporary literary fiction. I am regularly invited to participate in the judging of major literary prizes, which gives me access to and influence over contemporary literary debate:

2021 Rathbones Folio Prize

2019 David Cohen Prize for Literature

2017 BBC National Short Story Award

2015 The Goldsmiths Prize 

No comments:

351- ] English Literature - Jon McGregor

351- ] English Literature Jon McGregor  So Many Ways to Begin (2006) Jon McGregor Bibliography McGREGOR Jon [1976-] Novelist. Born in B...